PEAK CYBER INSTITUTE
Terms and Conditions and User Agreement for Cyber Transform Workshop
IMPORTANT: READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING PEAK CYBER INSTITUTE’S PROPRIETARY CAREER TRAINING PROGRAMS (CYBER TRANSFORM and other programs) INCLUDING ANY AUDIO AND/ OR VISUAL PRESENTATIONS AND PROGRAMS ASSOCIATED WITH PEAK CYBER INSTITUTE AND CYBER TRANSFORM CAREER TRAINING PROGRAM. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE PROGRAM(S), YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT
- YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT,
- YOU UNDERSTAND IT, AND
- THAT YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS.
This agreement (“agreement”) is a legal contract between Peak Cyber Academy Ltd (Trading as Peak Cyber Institute) located at 86-90 Paul Street, 3rd Floor, London, UK, EC2A 4NE and
(“YOU”, an individual)
(collectively the “Parties”)
WHEREAS, PEAK CYBER INSTITUTE is engaged in this business of training and career coaching services; and
WHEREAS, YOU desire to engage PEAK CYBER INSTITUTE to provide career training and coaching services to YOU in the form of Webinars, Audio and/or Visual Presentations, and periodic personal coaching and evaluation;
NOW, THEREFORE, the Parties agree as follows:
- Please read this Terms and Conditions carefully, as it constitutes a legally binding agreement and applies to your use of (a) our website and all corresponding domains, subdomains, web pages and websites associated therewith (the “Site”), and (b) any other content, applications, features, functionality, information and services offered on or through the Site (the foregoing subsections (a) and (b) are collectively referred to herein as the “Goods and Services”), which are offered to you by Peak Cyber Institute (“Peak Cyber Institute”, “Peak” “PCI” “we”, “us” or “our”).
- https://www.peakcyberinstitute.com, “members.peakcyberinstitute.com”, cybertransform.com and “members.cybertransform.com” are owned and operated by Peak Cyber Academy Limited (Trading as Peak Cyber Institute)
- You agree to be bound by these terms and conditions in full; accordingly, if you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use our Site. Once you access our Site, you become a user (“User”).
- You also agree to be legally bound by:
- any additional terms and conditions that we provide to you in connection with the Goods and Services and other products and services we may offer or make available to you (“Additional Terms”);
- the terms which may add to, or replace some of, these Term and Conditions. This may happen for security, legal or regulatory reasons. We will contact you to let you know if we intend to do this by giving you notice.
- In order to use the Goods and Services, you (a) must be 18 years of age of older or (b) be 13 years of age or older and have the consent of your parent or guardian. By using the Goods and Services, you represent, warrant and covenant to Peak Cyber Institute that you meet the foregoing eligibility requirements and further acknowledge and agree that certain features of the Goods and Services may be subject to heightened age and/or other eligibility requirements and restrictions.
- Our Details
- The website “www.peakcyberinstitute.com” is owned and operated by Peak Cyber Academy Limited, which is duly registered in the United Kingdom with the company number 12947653 trading as Peak Cyber Institute.
- Our registered address is: 86 90 Paul Street, 3rd Floor, EC2A 4NE, London, United Kingdom
- Our trading address is: 86 90 Paul Street, 3rd Floor, EC2A 4NE, London, United Kingdom
- Acceptance of Order
- Once you place a purchase order, this is an offer from you to buy from us. After your order is received, we shall send you a confirmation e-mail, which will constitute as the acceptance. Our e-mail will also confirm the details of your purchase and the details of the material you have purchased.
- After your receipt of the confirmation e-mail, you will be registered with Peak Cyber Institute and you become a User under the Site to view the product under the Goods and Services you have purchased and be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- If you are viewing the Site as a visitor, you will also be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- Once you place a purchase order, you confirm that you understand any and all pre-requisite skills or experience applicable to the material and examination. You acknowledge and agree to faithfully execute all of the lessons, assignments, and course work in the program(s) to the best of your ability. You further agree to attend all scheduled training, Q&A and coaching sessions included as part of the program. You also acknowledge that creating results requires tremendous effort and you are prepared and committed to faithfully make that effort.
- Your access to our programs is made conditional on payment of such Program Fee.
- Use of Site
- By purchasing any product under the Goods and Services, you will become a User under the Site and have a licence for a temporary, non-exclusive use of the designated course. The licence will grant a periodic use and will not in any way provide ownership of the material. Under the licence, you may:
- view pages from our Site in a web browser;
- download permitted pages from our Site for caching in a web browser;
- print permitted pages from our Site;
- stream audio and video files from our Site; and
- use services by means of a web browser.
subject to the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- Except as expressly permitted under these Terms and Conditions, you must not download any material from our Site or save any such material to your computer.
- Unless expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions, you must not:
- Edit, copy, modify, duplicate, frame or transmit any material provided under the Site;
- Reverse engineer, dissemble or otherwise change any part or whole of the material provided under the Site,
- Republish and/or redistribute (including license, lease, transfer and assign) material from our Site on any other platform including world-wide web;
- Disclose or exploit material under the Site for commercial purposes;
- Disclose any material from the Site in public or to third parties.
- We reserve the right to restrict your use of the Site, if in our sole discretion, we have the intention that you are trying to and/or attempting to circumvent or bypass any restrictions on our Site or have provided access to third parties.
- Acceptable Use
- By entering our Site and agreeing with the Terms and Conditions, you agree that you must not:
- Use the Site in a way that will violate any laws or regulations in the United Kingdom or in the country that you access the Site from world-wide web;
- Use the Site in a way that causes damage or risks the performance, availability or accessibility of the Site or interfere with any equipment, software, network or storage under the Site;
- Use the Site to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- Use the Site to do any kind of activities that is fraudulent or has a fraudulent effect or results in a harm to any third party.
- Use the Site with a purpose that does not meet the reasonable standards including but not limited to any kind of data mining activities, automated means and any kind of direct marketing activities.
- You must ensure that all the information you supply to us in relation to our Site, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
- When you purchase any content from the Site, you will be limited access to the specified content, stated in the description. You will only have access to the product you have purchased under the Goods and Services during this period starting from the date of purchase until the anniversary of the purchase date. Your limited period may be extended with an additional fee.
- The content under the Site is personal to you. You can use it wherever you want in the world, but only if you comply with the local laws. The content is non-exclusive to you and similar content will be used by other users.
- You are permitted to use the content only in 3 (three) devices or computers.
- Live support is different than online learning course material access. Live support is limited by time and the details of each course bundle is different. When the support period ends, customer will keep access to learning materials but not the support system.
- User Registration
- In order to access and utilize content, features, and/or functionality of the Goods and Services, we require that you register for a “Peak Cyber Institute User Account” using your pre-existing Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn account, or with a unique username (email address) and password combination (“User Credentials”) and provide certain additional information, which may include, without limitation, your email address, name and other information (collectively, a “User Account”). Certain information you provide for your User Account will be visible to other Users of the Service. You represent and warrant that all registration and account information you submit is truthful and accurate and you shall maintain and promptly update the accuracy of such information.
- Once you become a user of any of the Goods and Services, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User Credentials, and you shall be responsible and liable for any access to or use of the Goods and Services by you or any person or entity using your User Credentials, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you or on your behalf, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee or agent. It is therefore critical that you do not share your User Credentials with anyone, and you should use particular caution when accessing your User Account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your User Credentials or access your User Account. You agree to immediately notify Peak Cyber Institute of any unauthorized use of your User Credentials or User Account, or any other breach of security. We reserve the right to deny access, use and registration privileges to any user of the Goods and Services if we believe there is a question about the identity of the person trying to access any User Account or element of the Goods and Services.
- Price and Payment
- The price payable for each of the Goods and Services that you order is clearly set out this agreement.
- Further price quotes may be determined through e-mail correspondences and phone conversations. The quotes will be valid once we send you a valid quotation through e-mail after the correspondences.
- If not stated separately on the Site or quotations, the prices are inclusive of the UK Value Added Tax (“VAT”).
- Bank charges by the receiving bank on payments to us will be borne by us. All other charges relating to payment in a currency other than Pounds Sterling (£) will be borne by you. Any information given by us in relation to exchange rates are approximate only and may vary from time to time.
- If any payment due is delayed, rejected or returned; this amount will be treated as overdue and we will have the right to suspend the User Account until a full payment is secured. If an account is suspended due to non-payment, a fixed fee of £200 (two hundred British pounds) may be charged to re-activate the User Account.
- Payment Options
Here at Peak Cyber Institute, we have multiple payment options to support your learning journey as detailed below.
- The tuition fees include the following:
- Technical learning and career development materials (pre-recorded & OnDemand) curated by industry experts.
- Weekly live group coaching and Q&A calls with your mentors & trainers for the duration of your enrolment.
- Access to an exclusive community of mentors, career coaches, and peers.
- Dedicated community managers to answer questions and give feedback on assignments.
- Hands on learning through practical labs and capstone projects.
- Personalized feedback to help you design your resume, portfolio, and social profiles.
- Periodic 1-on-1 sessions with a cybersecurity career coach to personalize your pitch and job-search strategy.
- Interview practice via mock interviews
- Technical & career support sessions
- Certification exam voucher (varies depending on the program and your level. We may or may not provide this to you based on our expert opinion)
- All taxes and fees.
- This is our regular tuition fee to join the programs. You may receive alternative quotes by way of email or phone. Depending on your location, you may receive Global Payments Options (in USD) or UK Payment Options (in GBP) or in another currency like the Euro.
- Pay in Full (PIF)
- You can join our programs with a discounted Pay in Full (PIF) payment option when you accept the offer that we provide to you without delay.
- Financing Options and Loans
- Peak Cyber Institute have agreements in place with student loan providers such as Knoma, Climb Credit and Future Finance. You shall sign the loan agreements with these 3rd party financing providers, and you are obliged to follow their terms and conditions such as repayment schedules.
- Online Payments
- Card payments are not processed through pages controlled by us. We use one or more online payment service providers who will encrypt your card or bank account details in a secure environment.
- Online payments for purchases made directly through our Site are handled via our banking partners. Other payments, for purchases not made directly through our Site, are handled by UK licenced banks. These organisations comply with all required laws, regulations and correct procedures.
- Cancellation and Refund
- No Refunds: PEAK CYBER INSTITUTE abides by a strict, no refund policy. By accepting the terms of this Agreement, YOU agree and understand that you are foregoing the right to claim any refund of fees paid for access and use of the Program(s) offered by PEAK CYBER INSTITUTE. YOU further acknowledge that in accepting the terms of this Agreement and affirmatively seeking the benefits of and membership in such Program(s), YOU are taking full responsibility for YOUR OWN success. Thus, YOU agree that you will not request a refund.
- Warranties, Limitations and Exclusion of Liability
- Success not Guaranteed: By accepting the terms of this Agreement, YOU agree and understand that PEAK CYBER INSTITUTE provides Program(s) related to career training and coaching only and guarantees no specific results. YOU take full responsibility for YOUR own success.
- Limited Liability: In no event will PEAK CYBER INSTITUTE be liable to YOU or any party related to you for any damages, including damages for loss of business profits or other pecuniary loss, whether under a theory of contract, warranty, tort (including negligence) products liability or otherwise, even if PEAK CYBER INSTITUTE has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Limitations herein described shall be applied to the greatest extent enforceable under applicable law.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will:
- limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you for any failure or delay in performing our obligations under these Terms and Conditions where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond our reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond our control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or expense in respect of:
- any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill;
- any loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or these Terms and Conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
- We will do all we can to maintain access to our Site, but it may be necessary for us to suspend all or part of our service for repairs, maintenance or other good reasons. We may do so without telling you first.
- Intellectual Property Rights
- You acknowledge and accepts that all Intellectual Property Rights in, or arising out of or in connection with, the Goods and Service shall be owned by Peak Cyber Institute. All Goods and Services are protected by copyright and are intended only for your individual learning purposes.
- The Goods and Services provided to you may contain licence agreements from parties aside from us. Your enrolment is subject to your compliance with any applicable licence agreements.
- You agree that you will not copy or permit the photocopying of course materials, nor disclose or permit the disclosure or sell or hire the course materials to third parties, nor use for running your own courses without prior written consent by Peak Cyber Institute.
- Unauthorised sharing, copying and reproduction of any of the Goods and Services is strictly prohibited and the Peak Cyber Institute reserve the right to recover; loss of revenue, loss of profits and all other costs (including all legal cost) incurred in the enforcement of this clause.
- Without prejudice to our other rights under these Terms and Conditions, if you breach these Terms and Conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these Terms and Conditions in any way, we may:
- send you one or more formal warnings;
- temporarily suspend your User Account;
- permanently prohibit you from accessing your User Account; and/or
- commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise.
- You agree that money damages alone would not be an adequate remedy for the breach of the provisions of Intellectual Property Rights and Peak Cyber Institute shall be entitled to seek any legal remedy or relief to prevent any breach, or anticipated breach, by you or your delegate as is deemed proper by a court of competent jurisdiction. This right shall be in addition to the Peak Cyber Institute’s other rights in law or in equity.
- We shall be entitled to terminate these Terms and Conditions and cease to provide you with any Goods and Services with immediate effect in the event that you:
- fail to pay any due amount within 7 days after we send you a written notice about the non-payment;
- act in an aggressive, bullying, offensive, threatening or harassing manner towards any employee of Peak Cyber Institute, any tutor who provides the Good and Services or any User who is registered under our Site;
- cheat or plagiarise any work which you are required to prepare or submit in connection with the Goods and Services or during any examination taken in connection with the Goods and Services;
- act in fraudulent or deceitful manner towards us or our employees or any other User who may be using our Site or present at our premise;
- intentionally or recklessly breach any conditions under Article 5 (Acceptable Use) and/or any other article on this contract;
- Breach any other term and condition listed under this Terms and Conditions;
- Commit any kind of crime
- On termination the obligations of you listed under Article 12 (Liability), 13 (Intellectual Property Rights), 14 (Breach) and 16 (confidentiality) shall continue notwithstanding such termination.
- PEAK CYBER INSTITUTE may terminate this Agreement at any time in its discretion upon notice to YOU. Confidentiality clause below shall survive termination of this Agreement, binding YOU to confidentiality in perpetuity.
- You understand and accept that each party has confidentiality obligations towards each other.
- Our confidentiality obligations towards you will be:
- We will treat all information you provide to us and about matters dealt with by us (other than information which is in the public domain) as confidential. We will not disclose any confidential information to any third party, except with your written consent or if necessary or customary in the normal performance of our services (e.g. passing it to other professionals and consultants assisting us or you with your matter, unless you ask us not to) or if required or permitted by law or any regulatory authority to which we are subject.
- We reserve the right to use external service providers for document reproduction or scanning as long as they are bound by appropriate obligations to maintain the confidentiality of the information.
- Unless you instruct us otherwise in writing, we are entitled to state in promotional material and tender documents that we worked for you generally or on a particular matter or matters as long as we do not otherwise break our duty of confidentiality to you.
- Your confidentiality obligations towards us will be:
- You will treat all information we give you (other than information which is in the public domain) as confidential.
- You will not disclose that confidential information to any other person, unless we have given our written consent or as required or permitted by law or any regulatory authority to which you are subject.
- Complaints and Dispute Resolution
- We are committed to provide high quality services and resolve any complain as soon as possible. If you have a complain, please contact us via email@example.com Our team will do our best to return to your complain within 7 working days to assist you with your complain.
- If we cannot resolve a claim using internal complaint handling procedure within 14 day from the day of your first email, it will turn into a dispute and both parties agree to engage into negotiations to solve the dispute by negotiations.
- If a dispute cannot be solved within 28 days from the start of the negotiations, parties agree to engage into one of the alternative dispute resolution methods from either mediation or arbitration. Both parties will agree for alternative dispute resolution from one the providers listed under the Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Dispute Regulations 2015.
- Governing Law
- The Terms and Conditions are governed by the Laws of England and Wales and it will apply to any or claim arising out of or in connection with the Goods and Services or its subject matter, including the non-contractual disputes and/or claims.
- Parties irrevocable agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction or settle any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Goods and Services or its subject matter, including the non-contractual disputes and/or claims.
- For any issue or question, please contact us via the information below. Any communication to be served on either party by the other shall be delivered by hand or sent by first class post or recorded delivery or commercial courier or by e-mail to the below given addresses.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Address : 86 90 Paul Street, EC2A 4NE, London, UK
- If sent by e-mail, it shall be deemed delivered within 48 hours, if no notice of receipt is received by sender;
- If sent by courier, it shall be deemed delivered on the day the courier receipt is signed;
- If send by post, within 72 hours of posting; and
- I delivered by hand; on the day of delivery to an authorised person.
- No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.
- You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions. You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- If a provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect.
- These Terms and Conditions, together with our privacy and cookies policy, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our Site and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our Site.
- Personal Details and Program Fees
By accepting the terms of this Agreement, YOU agree and understand that you are committing to pay PEAK CYBER INSTITUTE the following amount for the duration of the program as stated below. BY SIGNING BELOW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE AFOREMENTIONED TERMS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO PROGRAM FEES, AUTOMATIC MONTHLY BILLING, STRICT NO REFUND POLICY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY.
Breakthrough Call Cancellation Policy
Thank you for scheduling a breakthrough call with Peak Cyber Institute. We understand that unpredictable circumstances may arise, and we have established the following cancellation policy to ensure an efficient and fair process for all participants.
The breakthrough call is a scheduled consultation session lasting up to 60 minutes, during which our cybersecurity experts provide valuable insights and guidance tailored to your specific needs. Attending the breakthrough call is crucial as it involves dedicated time and resources from both the institute and the cybersecurity experts. Please prioritize your commitment to make the most of this opportunity.
To allow sufficient time for rescheduling, we require cancellation notices at least 12 hours before the scheduled breakthrough call. This enables us to accommodate other participants and optimize our experts' availability.
Acceptable Cancellation Reasons:
Valid reasons for cancellation include unforeseen emergencies, sudden illness, or other unavoidable circumstances. We understand that unexpected events can occur, and we will work with you to find an alternative solution.
To cancel a breakthrough call, please use the calendly link or the confirmation email you received when you booked your call in the beginning.
Participants who provide 12 hour before cancellation notice will have the opportunity to reschedule their breakthrough call. We will offer alternative dates and times based on the availability of our cybersecurity experts.
Penalties for Late Cancellations or No-Shows:
Late cancellations (less than 12 hours prior to the scheduled call) or failure to attend the breakthrough call without prior notice results in paying a fee of $250 for the next rescheduling. This fee will serve as a deposit if you decide to enroll in our program.
Thank you for understanding the importance of our cancellation policy. We appreciate your cooperation!